Sonitus Mortis is an easy to use drum machine with tuplet- and multi-sample support. It is aimed at musicians that are into progressive styles of
music which require high bpm numbers, lots of tempo changes and odd time signatures (i.e. technical death metal).
Due to its simplicity it is ideal for guitar/bass practice, but thanks to its high quality audio output it can also be used for music production.
- Simple user interface inspired by classic MOD trackers
- High quality audio output thanks to BASS audio engine
- Support for WAV, OGG and MP3 samples
- Support for multiple samples per instrument with either random or velocity based sample picking
- Export to WAV at up to 32-bit, 96000 Hz
- Export feature supports timing fluctuations to emulate human imperfections.
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and full MIDI support
- Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops® Project) files.
DarkWave Studio is a free, open source, Digital Audio Workstation for Windows. Featuring a modular Virtual Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor and Multitrack
Hard Disk Recorder. It has support for VST/VSTi instrument and effect plugins. The virtual studio has a modular design allowing machines to be connected in an ad-hoc
fashion. The pattern editor enables the quick creation and modification of patterns by clicking to add or delete notes and dragging notes to move or resize them. The
sequence editor allows you to queue patterns to play for each control track in any arrangement, enabling reuse of patterns and quickly remixing projects. The
Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder allows you to record the output of any machine and record it to 16-bit Integer of 32-bit Floating Point PCM encoded .WAV files for
full-quality post-production editing or for conversion to MP3/FLAC/etc.
- Native x64 and x86 Windows Platform Support
- VST PlugIn Support - Limitlessly Expandable With Instrument and Effects PlugIns
- ASIO Audio Driver Support - Low Latency Output
- Multi Core / Multi CPU Support
- Makes Use Of SSE2 Optimizations When Supported By The CPU
- Full 64-bit Double Precision Floating Point Audio Processing
- MIDI Input - Play Instruments From A Music Keyboard
- ES Mixer - 8 Track Stereo Mixer With 2 Auxilary Tracks
- ES DGenR8 - Synthesize Drum Beats With Roland TR-909 Flavour
- ES BassHead - Top Notch Virtual Analog Subtractive Synthesizer
- ES SpatialVerb - Realistic Reverb Effects With The Smoothest Sound
- ES Stomp - Synthesize That Classic Techno Thumping Kick Drum
- ES AntiAlias - 32x Digital Oversampling Filter
- ES QuadDelay - For Trippy Echo Effects.
Soundplant is a self-contained digital audio performance program that turns your computer keyboard into a fully customizable sample-triggering
device (yes, your QUERTY keyboard!). It allows the assignment of sound files of unlimited size to virtually any keyboard keys, with no external devices needed and
no MIDI involved. It can be used as a drum pad, to add a live track to an already made song, to mix together tracks in realtime, to create music or loops from scratch,
to quickly sketch sound designs, to give new life to old sounds, or as a performance, presentation, or installation tool. Because it is not a synthesizer and instead
uses your own digital samples (it's a 'software sampler'), Soundplant is a virtually limitless electronic instrument. A simple graphic interface provides for drag-and-
drop, point-and-click configuration of each key, including several options which control the way each sound is triggered, along with pitch, offsets, looping, volume,
and panning. Sounds can be easily batch assigned across multiple keys at varying pitches and offsets, and keyboard configurations can be saved and loaded.
Mixxx is an open source DJ tool designed for both professional and amateur DJs alike.
Mixxx allows DJs to mix music live with a clean, simple interface. Futhermore, Mixxx has a number of key features to help DJs in the mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for various DJ hardware controllers.
Delta SP 1.62 (last freeware version) is like a bunch of normal music software programs, except it's all been crammed into one, so it's much bigger, but more flexible and easier to use once you've learned the basics. Delta SP has a sequencer, which plays MIDI messages to it's internal synthesizer or to external MIDI devices, and also Audio clips to Audio channels in the synth.
You can use Delta SP to compose music, jingles, radio programs or film effects. When your project is ready you can use the Export Audio function to save your project as a high definition WAV, MP3 or OGG file.
The Delta SP synthesizer is stereo, including effects. It uses 32 bit audio. It loads internal plugins and VST plugins. It has a big integrated sampler similar to soundfont technology which works together with the synth. Delta SP works great on Windows 95 thru Windows XP.
Delta SP should take you a few hours to get familiar with if you are reasonably proficient with working a computer. It might take you sometime to learn all the parts if you are not familiar with music software in general. If you have used music software before, you will recognize a lot of standard tools and panels in Delta SP.
Rippers & Encoders
Utilities & Plug-Ins