Wave Editor is a fast and easy digital audio editing software. Wave Editor provides powerful and user-friendly editing environment which suits beginners especially and perform basic editing capabilities like: cut, copy, paste and delete parts of recording.
Unlike the other sound editors based on the same ActiveX engine, our editor developed from the ground up to be easy in use and fast.
The user interface was designed with speed, accuracy and ease of use in mind. Key feature of Wave Editor is and simple selection of audio blocks during playback.
- MP3, WMA, WAV (PCM, ADPCM, GSM61, DSP, A-LAW, U-LAW and more...).
- Bits per sample: 8bit, 16bit
- Channels: Mono/Stereo
- Sample Rate: from 8000 Hz to 96000 Hz.
AudioPaint generates sounds from pictures. The program reads JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP files and translates each pixel color and position into frequency, amplitude and pan information. AudioPaint can therefore be considered as a massive additive synthesizer.
A picture is actually processed as a big frequency / time grid. Each line of the picture is an oscillator, and the taller the picture is, the higher the frequency resolution is. While the vertical position of a pixel determines its frequency, its horizontal position corresponds to its time offset.
By default, the color of a pixel is used to determine its pan, the red and green components controlling the amplitude of the left and right channels respectively (the brighter the color, the louder the sound), and the blue component is not used. The action of each component can be modified
in the Routing section of the Audio Settings window. Starting with version 2.0, AudioPaint can also convert the color components into HSB values, and use hue, saturation and brightness instead of red, green and blue.
MuseScore is a free cross platform WYSIWYG music notation program, licenced under GNU GPL. Some highlights:
- WYSIWYG, notes are entered on a 'virtual note sheet'
- Unlimited number of staves
- Up to four voices per staff
- Easy and fast note entry with mouse, keyboard or MIDI
- Integrated sequencer and FluidSynth software synthesizer
- Import and export of MusicXML and Standard MIDI Files (SMF)
- Platform independent code, binaries available for Linux and Windows
MuseScore is available in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Galician, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Hindi, Danish, Finnish and Swedish.
Sonic Visualiser is an application for viewing and analysing the contents of music audio files.
The aim of Sonic Visualiser is to be the first program you reach for when want to study a musical recording rather than simply listen to it.
As well as a number of features designed to make exploring audio data as revealing and fun as possible, Sonic Visualiser also has powerful annotation capabilities to help you to describe what you find, and the ability to run automated annotation and analysis plugins in the Vamp analysis plugin format - as well as applying standard audio effects.
Sonic Visualiser contains features for the following:
- Load audio files in WAV, Ogg and MP3 formats, and view their waveforms.
- Look at audio visualisations such as spectrogram views, with interactive adjustment of display parameters.
- Annotate audio data by adding labelled time points and defining segments, point values and curves.
- Overlay annotations on top of one another with aligned scales, and overlay annotations on top of waveform or spectrogram views.
- View the same data at multiple time resolutions simultaneously (for close-up and overview).
- Run feature-extraction plugins to calculate annotations automatically, using algorithms such as beat trackers, pitch detectors and so on.
- Import annotation layers from various text file formats.
- Import note data from MIDI files, view it alongside other frequency scales, and play it with the original audio.
- Play back the audio plus synthesised annotations, taking care to synchronise playback with display.
- Select areas of interest, optionally snapping to nearby feature locations, and audition individual and comparative selections in seamless loops.
- Time-stretch playback, slowing right down or speeding up to a tiny fraction or huge multiple of the original speed while retaining a synchronised display.
- Export audio regions and annotation layers to external files.
The design goals for Sonic Visualiser are:
- To provide the best available core waveform and spectrogram audio visualisations for use with substantial files of music audio data.
- To facilitate ready comparisons between different kinds of data, for example by making it easy to overlay one set of data on another, or display the same data in more than one way at the same time.
- To be straightforward. The user interface should be simpler to learn and to explain than the internal data structures. In this respect, Sonic Visualiser aims to resemble a consumer audio application.
- To be responsive, slick, and enjoyable. Even if you have to wait for your results to be calculated, you should be able to do something else with the audio data while you wait. Sonic Visualiser is pervasively multithreaded, loves multiprocessor and multicore systems, and can make good use of fast processors with plenty of memory.
- To handle large data sets. The work Sonic Visualiser does is intrinsically processor-hungry and (often) memory-hungry, but the aim is to allow you to work with long audio files on machines with modest CPU and memory where reasonable. (Disk space is another matter. Sonic Visualiser eats that.)
Wavosaur is a free sound editor, audio editor, wav editor software for editing, processing and recording sounds, wav and mp3 files. Wavosaur has all the features to edit audio (cut, copy, paste, etc.) produce music loops, analyze, record, batch convert.
Wavosaur supports VST plugins, ASIO driver, multichannel wav files, real time effect processing.
The program has no installer and doesn't write in the registry. Use it as a free mp3 editor, for mastering, sound design.
PCWin Speaker Record
PCWin Speaker Record - records everything you hear from your speakers. Save as mp3 or wav files. Records at 128 Kbps CD quality. Now you can enjoy your music and podcast anytime!
Record from Internet radio stations. Grab audio from any web site, podcast, Internet Radio, DVD or CD as it plays.
Easy-to-use. Select mp3 or wav file format. Click 'Start Recording' and when you are ready to stop recording press 'Stop Recording' button. Then save your newly created mp3 or wav file and play it anytime!
Play your saved recording with Microsoft media player, Video Lan, WinAmp or any media player! It so easy, no complicated settings, just great CD quality 128 Kbps mp3 or wav files everytime.
Text2Speech is Text to Speech Synthesis application that converts text into immediate speech. Simply put this software will read text to you. Its features include: Playback at custom Rate, Export into Wav File, Export into Mp3 File.
If you've done a fair amount of digital audio, you've probably noticed that when you backup your audio tracks, and then restore them, sometimes it seems to take more CPU time or not perform as well as it used to...
This isn't your imagination, this is the joys of interleaved files. A normal file loves to be written out linearly; with every byte following the last byte, but digital audio doesn't work the same way, it prefers each sample to be woven with
the next tracks sample, and that's just what this does... AnalogX Interleave takes a file (normally a single audio track from a multitrack recording), and interleaves it with any number of other files you select, with independent header
and content sizes for each file! This allows you to re-interleave files that you might have previously archived, or even improve the performance of files stored on another drive (since normal file copy will copy the file in a linear fashion again).
StepVoice Recorder 1.0 beta (last freeware version) is a real-time recording software with MP3 file format support.
Allows recording from any sound source.
By changing recording bitrate you may vary sound quality from PHONE (3.5-7.0 Mb/hour) to CD (3.5-7.0 Mb/3 minutes)!
- Support recording from all sound sources (microphone, media players, internet audio, etc.);
- Supporting file formats: MP3;
- Direct MP3 encoding without temporary WAV files;
- Auto name system;
- Friendly interface;
- and much more...
Download (last freeware version)
Audacity is a free audio editor.
- Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio...
- Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in several common file formats...
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete...
- Remove static, hiss, hum, or other constant background noises...
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples. Record at up to 96 kHz...
Mp3 ID3v1v2 Tag Edit & Sort Tool
Mp3 files ID3 tags group edits tool with sorting, copying & renaming functions. Main features: reading and writing of mp3 file’s id3 tags with ID3 V1 full Read/Write Support and ID3 V2 Basic Read/Write Support; group ID3V1 or V2 or both tags editing/updating/removing; copying/renaming of edited mp3 files with advanced renaming options.
AudioShell is a freeware MS Windows Explorer shell extension plugin which allows you to view and edit music file tags directly in Windows Explorer.
AudioShell supports MP3 (all ID3v2 tag versions), WMA, ASF, WMV, Apple iTunes AAC (M4A and M4P), MP4, OGG, FLAC (vorbis comment tags), MPC, MP+, monkey's audio, WAV
pack, optim frog (APE and APEv2 tags). AudioShell adds tag editor and viewer tabs to the music files properties menu (you can edit tags file by file or by groups),
detailed music files hints with tag and file information, and additional columns in the Explorer files list. Full Unicode support.
Quick Mixer 1.8.3 (last freeware version) is a tray-agent alternative to the Windows Volume Control (SNDVOL32.EXE). Quick Mixer is re-sizeable and has many settings which affect the way it looks and acts. Quick Mixer is a great replacement for that little yellow speaker icon that may now be in your tray! Quick Mixer controls Main-Volume, Main-Treble, Main-Bass and up-to 16 playback audio sources! Quick Mixer gives you access to every available playback mute on your sound-card. Quick Mixer gives you access to the first on/off check under Advanced, Other Controls. Quick Mixer allows you to create 10 audio profiles and optionally starts up with a default profile. Quick Mixer has full install support and un-installs through the Control Panel.
KaraFun offers a complete solution for home karaoke. This karaoke software is based on a powerful and evolutive 3D animation engine. KaraFun contains an easy to use editor which can import many existing karaoke songs. Even if KaraFun is supporting KAR files (midi), it is also designed to work with MP3 files or other digital format. KaraFun also introduces the new KFN file format. The editor allows to build unique and funny karaoke files.
Volumouse provides you a quick and easy way to adjust the sound volume on your system - simply by rolling the wheel of your wheel mouse.
It allows you to define a set of rules for determining when the wheel will be used for changing the sound volume. For example: You can configure Volumouse to use your mouse wheel for volume control when the Alt key is hold down, when the left mouse button is down, when the mouse cursor is over the taskbar, and so on...
When the conditions that you define are not satisfied, your mouse wheel will be used for the regular scrolling tasks, exactly as before.
Fair Use for Windows Media (FairUse4WM 1.3) will extract the personally identifiable information (description keys) from Media Player for the purpose of allowing the user to improve the interoperability of legitimately acquired media files. At least one file with an active license is necessary.
Rippers & Encoders
Utilities & Plug-Ins