The MinkSonic Jukebox is an open source windows application that provides MP3 library management, ID3Tag editing, and MP3 frame error detection and removal.
Both a windows explorer-like interface and a web browser interface are provided. Both interfaces allow users to easily browse/search through an MP3 collection, and request songs
in a jukebox fashion. Songs are played back using a Winamp plugin in the order that they were requested. Once all requests have been played, the jukebox 'shuffles' through the
rest of your MP3 collection. The jukebox also learns what you like so it can be set to only shuffle through your favorites.
- Web-based interface allows browsing, searching and requesting of jukebox tracks via a web browser.
- Tray icon allows the webserver to keep running without the Admin window open, and provides a handy menu for invoking the web-interface to browse the music, starting playback thru Winamp, and invoking the Admin Window.
- The explorer-like Admin Window allows music to added or removed from the jukebox, asl well as the track information such as artist, album, title, year, etc to be edited. The customizable detail view remembers the user's preferences regarding sort order, column order, and column widths. Multiple items can be selected so it's easy to do things like change the artist or album name for a group of tracks. The changes are written to the underlying files' ID3 tags (both ID3V1.1 and ID3V2 tags are supported).
- Allows MP3 files to be scanned for MPEG framing errors, and allows those errors to be fixed by removing the offending frames.
- Allows MP3 files to be renamed based on artist and title.
- Hard drive(s) and/or folders can be scanned for MP3's or MP3 files can be dragged into the jukebox from windows explorer.
- Search allows users to easily locate tracks based on the artist name, album name, title, or comments.
Obsidian is a full package and is true FREEWARE. The idea of the software is to provide a simple interface for an MP3
collection of any size. The user can then easily browse all their albums on a single page and view a list of all their artists
and tracks. They can store favourites, play random tracks through their whole collection, or within an album. Many
possibilities. Also Obsidian allows a user to associate any artwork with their music collection. This is achieved by the user
in seconds as Obsidian has an integrated internet image search function, not only for albums, but also for artists and
individual tracks. The difference is though that Obsidian handles these images intelligently, so once the artist or album
artwork is downloaded the first time, it is automatically associated with all of the tracks in the album. The image for the
artist is also associated with all of the artist's other works. The artwork does not have to be processed again and again for each MP3 file.
Local Download (1.54 MB)
The MP3 Jukebox turns your PC into a stand-alone jukebox. Partyguests can choose their favorite titles from an overviewable list and my add them to the playlist.The jukebox shows when these tracks will be played. The FIND function helps to find titles and interpreters without scrolling down the whole list. If the playlist is through, the tracks will be played by random.
Rippers & Encoders
Utilities & Plug-Ins