A GNU Emacs binary distribution for users who want to use Emacs natively in 64-Bit Windows (x86_64). This project will focus on providing unmodified, update (from git trunk and newest release), and optimized w64 binary builds.
XPad text editor, is a lightweight, and flexible text editor that lets you quickly and easily open and edit text files from Windows, Linux and Macintosh. It has full Unicode support, that lets you create and edit files encoded in UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32. Much more complete than the Windows Notepad, so it's a good replacement for this. XPad, a new step in the evolution of text editors.
A modified version (fork) of Notepad2 based on Kai Liu's and other people's patches. Notable changes: Code folding; Support for bookmarks; Option to mark all occurrences of a word; Word auto-completion; Syntax highlighting support for AutoHotkey, AutoIt3, AviSynth, Bash, CMake, Inno Setup, LaTeX, Lua, Markdown, NSIS, Ruby, Tcl and YAML scripts; Improved support for NFO ANSI art; Support for replacing Windows Notepad using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method; Other various minor changes and tweaks.
BowPad is a small and fast text editor with a ribbon user interface and syntax highlighting.
- syntax highlighting for over 100 file types and languages
- handling of many different encodings, including UTF-8, UTF-16 and even UTF-32
- easy ribbon user interface
- navigation hints in the vertical scrollbar
- coloring of open tabs according to their path.
Clonepad is a simple open source text editor, licensed under the GNU General Public License v.3.0. The program includes all the basic features for simple and quick file viewing and processing: Fonts and Format; Settings (stores its own settings in a settings.ini file, without affecting the registry); Memory; Keyboard Shortcuts; Fix Cursor Flickering; ...
Powerful text editing tool that comes with syntax highlighting support for over 50 languages and scripts, 22 ready made styles, a handy file comparison feature and support for multiple directories and search results.
EditPad Lite is a compact general-purpose text editor. Use EditPad Lite to easily edit any kind of plain text file. EditPad Lite has all the essential features to make text editing a breeze:
- Large file and long line support.
- Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts.
- Direct editing of text files using Windows, UNIX, and mac Mac text encodings (code pages) and line breaks.
- Tabbed interface for working with many files.
- Unlimited undo and redo for all open files, even after saving.
- Automatic backup and working copies prevent data loss.
- Powerful search-and-replace with literal search terms and regular expressions that can span multiple lines.
Download EditPad Lite
SuperEdi is a text editor with syntax coloring and build-in FTP client. The build-in directory tree helps you locate files quickly without opening the Windows Explorer. Context sensitive information is available via keyword lookup in any Windows help file. The editor is extendable using executable programs, text clips and automation scripts. SuperEdi supports Unicode UTF-8, UTF-16 as well as many locales - specific encodings.
A simple notepad-like text editor with many features. It is designed to be a small and fast.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
Notepad2 is a light-weight, free and open source Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting for a few commonly used languages.
KDiff3 is a graphical text difference analyzer for up to 3 input files, provides character-by-character analysis and a text merge tool with integrated editor. It can also compare and merge directories. It supports Unicode, UTF-8 and other codecs, auto detection via byte-order-mark 'BOM' and KIO on KDE which allows accessing ftp, sftp, fish, and smb.
XML Copy Editor
XML Copy Editor is a fast, free, validating XML editor.
- DTD/XML Schema/RELAX NG validation
- Syntax highlighting
- Tag completion
- Tag locking
- Tag-free editing
- Spelling and style check
- Built-in support for XHTML, XSL, DocBook and TEI
- Lossless import and export of Microsoft Word documents.
Download XML Copy Editor
Textreme is a TEXT REModelling Engine. I created it because I got fed up of constantly having to write one-off scripts to process raw text files that were the output from various processes using scripts written in, for example, SQL or VB or Perl or ... you name it, you get the idea.
Dos2Unix includes utilities to convert text files with DOS or MAC line breaks to Unix line breaks and vice versa. It also includes conversion of UTF-16 to UTF-8.
CSV Buddy helps you make your CSV files ready to be imported by a variety of software. Load/save/export files with various delimiters and lots of options.
Download CSV Buddy
A text viewer application that has been carefully designed around its main task: viewing and presenting NFO files. It comes with three different view modes (Rendered, Classic and Text Only), export functionality and lots of options! iNFekt is a native application written in C++. It uses the Cairo and PCRE open source libraries. Where available, rendering uses multi-core CPUs and is accelerated by graphics card hardware.
Have you ever copied some text from a web page or a document and then wanted to paste it as simple text into another application without getting all the formatting from the original source? PureText makes this simple by adding a new Windows hot-key (default is WINDOWS+V) that allows you to paste text to any application without formatting.
Count Characters allows you dump the contents of various combo, edit, list boxes, static, and button fields to the clipboard. The program can also reveal the plain text counterpart to some Windows password edit fields. Count Characters is handy for browser lists and various items displayed by other applications to which you otherwise have no access. For example if some site asks you to only enter a certain amount of data in their fields but don't tell you that you went over until it's too late, Count Characters can be helpful.
Download Count Characters
Sutra is a text server. It periodically displays some content from a text file. Any text can be dropped onto the main window, to be displayed as paragraphs or lines. You can prepare files with a text editor, such as Notepad.
GetWindowText is a very small and portable program with which you can read the window text. By clicking the left mouse button on the button with GetWindowText icon and by holding down the left mouse button (drag), the read can be started. Then simply hold your mouse over the window from which the text should be read. It can be read almost all the texts, e.g. from Edit, Static, Groupbox - Controls, etc.
A text viewer application that has been carefully designed around its main task: viewing and presenting NFO files. It comes with three different view modes (Rendered, Classic and Text Only), export functionality and lots of options!