|Top 10 Freeware
Version 3.0, release date: October 27, 2010
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
Screenshot | Download (2.25 MB portable)
Version 1.56, release date: October 26, 2010
CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.
- Name and number.
- Core stepping and process.
- Core voltage.
- Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
- Supported instructions sets.
- Cache information.
- Vendor, model and revision.
- BIOS model and date.
- Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
- Graphic interface.
- Frequency and timings.
- Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
- Windows and DirectX version.
Download (897 kB)
Version 1.12, release date: October 16, 2010
DevManView is an alternative to the standard Device Manager of Windows, which displays all devices and their properties in flat table, instead of tree viewer. In addition to displaying the devices of your local computer, DevManView also allows you view the devices list of another computer on your network, as long as you have administrator access rights to this computer.
DevManView can also load the devices list from external instance of Windows and disable unwanted devices. This feature can be useful if you have Windows operating system with booting problems, and you want to disable the problematic device.
Screenshot | Download (67 kB)
dp4 Font Viewer
Version 2.0, release date: October 5, 2010
- displays all fonts in any folder in OpenType ® (OTF), TrueType (TTF) or Collections (TTC) format
- has its own render engine with 256 subpixel anti-alias
- filters for font type / class / width / weight
- choose between ASCII or glyph display, it is possible to enter your own text
- shows unicodes and keys
- simple management functions - install, delete, display font information
- multi language executable - german and english
- list sub folders
- print function for single font and for complete font list
- no installation required, very small program.
Screenshot | Download (223 kB)
Version 0.7.36, release date: October 25, 2010
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters.
Download (3.15 MB)
Version 1.8.1, release date: October 18, 2010
Mixxx is an Open Source DJ package that provides you with everything you need to create live mixes without the need for any additional hardware. It offers a wide range of features that are suitable for amateurs and professional DJs alike. They include comprehensive MIDI controller support, vinyl control and emulation, multi-core CPU support, multichannel soundcard support, parallel waveform displays, BPM detection and estimation, and more.
Download (31.7 MB)
Version 3.52, release date: October 3, 2010
Polyglot 3000 is an automatic language identifier that quickly recognizes the language of any text, phrase or even single words.
- Recognizes more than 400 languages.
- Supports Unicode texts.
- Convenient user interface.
- True-Coloured icons in menu and toolbar.
- Quick and correct language identification.
- Can be set to only check for popular languages.
- Multilingual interface (English, German, French, Spanish and others).
OS: Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP.
Screenshot | Download (2.28 MB)
Version 4.42, release date: October 22, 2010
Q-Dir makes your files and folder easy to manage.
Fast and easy access, with an amazing Quadro-View technique.
You don't have to renounce the usual, Drag and Drop, all Views, and other functions of your system.
No! Q-Dir gives you other nice functions, that make you happy.
One can save many hand moves and also time!
Screenshot | Download (773 kB portable)
Version 1.06, release date: October 22, 2010
Speccy is an advanced System Information tool for your PC. At first glance, Speccy may seem like an application for system administrators and power users. It certainly is, but Speccy can also help normal users, in everyday computing life.
Screenshot | Download (3.2 MB portable)
Version 1.4.1, release date: October 11, 2010
Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text.
Download (20.5 MB)
Home | What's New | Program Of The Month! | Top 10 Freeware
Free Downloads | Freeware Updates | Freeware Categories | Links
Link To Us | Add Your Site | Add Software | Search | E-mail | Top
© 1998-2010 The Freeware Guide