RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a small GUI application designed for real-time CPU frequency, throttling and load
level monitoring and on-the-fly adjustment of the CPU performance level on supported CPU models via processor's power
management model-specific registers (MSRs). In automatic management mode it continuously monitors the CPU usage
level and dynamically adjusts the CPU frequency, throttle and/or voltage level as needed, realizing the 'Performance on
Basic RMClock version is available free of charge for personal non-commercial use and for non-profit organizations. No registration or activation is required.
- Real-time CPU clock and CPU/OS load level determination and monitoring (with optional logging).
- Detection of virtually any form of CPU clock throttling.
- Dynamic on-demand CPU performance state (P-state) transitions via real-time adjustment of CPU multiplier (FID) and/or requested voltage level (VID).
- Dynamic on-demand CPU clock modulation via real-time transitions between CPU clock throttling levels.
- Fine-tuning of advanced CPU-specific power management settings for AMD K7, AMD K8, Intel Pentium M/Centrino platform, Intel Pentium 4 and Xeon, Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Centrino Duo platform, Intel Core 2, VIA C7 and Transmeta Crusoe/Efficeon CPU families.
- Complete support for multi-processor (SMP/HT/multicore) systems.
- Windows power management settings and LCD display brightness control (where supported).
- Battery information display (general and per-battery) including real-time status display of the battery life time, charge level, charge/discharge rate etc.
- CPU core temperature display (available on AMD K8, Intel Core and Intel Core 2 CPU families).
Current release of RMClock utility implements the CPU frequency, CPU load and throttling level determination on the following processor models:
RMClock utility will run on unsupported CPU models, however, in this case, most of its functionality will not be available.
- AMD K7 (Athlon/XP/MP, Duron, Sempron) and K8 (Athlon 64/FX/X2, Opteron, Dual-Core Opteron, Sempron, Turion 64/X2) family processors.
- Intel Pentium II/Celeron, Pentium III/Celeron, Pentium M/Celeron M, Pentium 4/Celeron (Northwood and Prescott cores), Pentium 4 Extreme Edition (Gallatin and Prescott cores), Xeon (Prestonia, Nocona, Cranford, Irwindale, Potomac, Paxville and Dempsey cores), Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition (Smithfield, Presler and Cedar Mill cores), Core Solo/Celeron M/Core Duo (Yonah core) and Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Extreme/Xeon (Conroe/Allendale, Merom, Woodcrest, Kentsfield/Clovertown cores).