|ORIENT is a text editor for the Microsoft Windows operating system designed to work in Unicode and to handle Unicode files.
As shown by its name the software is dedicated to help editing eastern languages (Near, Middle or Far East) such as: Chinese, Japanese, Korean. Thai, Vietnamese, Indic, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Russian, etc.
Orient is an easy-to-use, smart and probablythe smallest free editor able to handle UNICODE texts. It saves and loads files in Unicode format (UTF-16 or UTF-8), incorporates bi-directional text support for Arabic or Hebrew languages (RightToLeft) and support for Asian languages (Chinese and Japanese).
Internally data is entirely handled in Unicode, so the main window, the edit window and all edit boxes, are Unicode compatible.
- Edit, open, save, features that are mandatory for a text editor.
- Save and Read functions for UFT8 (with and without signatures).
- Full Unicode support at the edit and file level that gives multilingual capabilities,
- Virtually no file size limit, just what is left on your hard drive.
- Status bar and tool bars for quick editing and aids..
- Robust find and replace searches.