|ResEdit is a free Resource Editor for Win32 programs. You can use it if you want to use dialogs, icon, version information or other types of resources. Output files can be compiled by any Win32 compiler, like MinGW and Microsoft Visual C++. To open a file which uses Win32 API symbolic constants, you will also need Win32 header files (usually coming with you compiler).
- Importing rc files generated by Microsoft Visual Studio resource editor.
- Supported formats : Resource Script (rc), Compiled Resource Script (res), Win32 Portable Executable (exe, dll).
- Format conversion in command-line mode.
- Advanced Dialog editor. All existing kind of Win32 controls are supported (Static text, Buttons, Edit controls, Pictures, ...).
- A basic picture editor to open and modify bitmaps, icons and cursors.
- Possibility to include all sort of resources.
- Generation of C++ code for the Dialogs (code with CreateWindowEx) and Menus (CreateMenu, CreatePopupMenu...). However it is not possible to import C++ sources files.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo buffers.
- Customizable layout: you can drag and drop panels to place it wherever you want.